Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall & Winter Tips


Fall and Winter Tips from 

Komfort Heating & Cooling




Have your Heating system tuned-up for the season, so that you are running at peak efficiency. Operating at peak efficiency will save money because the system doesn't have to work as hard to do its job.

Replace your furnace or air handler filters on a regular basis. Lack of regular filter changes and maintenance is the Number 1 cause of system breakdowns and costly repair bills.

Keep the thermostat constant. Continuously adjusting the thermostat can be very inefficient. You can, however, lower the thermostat 2-3 degrees during the day while you're away to save money. For every degree you lower the setting, you can expect to cut energy consumption by up to 3-5%.

Flip the fan switch on your thermostat into the "fan on" mode when heating the house. This process will ensure that air is always being stirred to prevent hot and cold pockets from forming.

Consider a Heat Pump if you are going to replace your outdoor unit. Although a Heat Pump cannot produce air as hot as your gas furnace, when you combine a Heat Pump with your gas furnace you have a system that is much more efficient and still able to deliver the warmth we all love. 

Set air vents on the second floor to receive approximately 45 percent of the heated air. This will help even out the temperatures from the first to the second floor of the home. (Remember, hot air rises)

Open the shades and curtains to help produce radiant heat of the sun.

Replace older windows with more efficient low-E glass. These windows help to reduce the heat loss of your homes HVAC system. Also, keep storm windows closed. This saves money and extends the life of the system.

Run humidifiers to help maintain the warm feeling in your home. Proper humidity can make the air feel up to 3 degrees warmer. Which means you can turn down your thermostat a couple of degrees and save money on your utility bills and still feel the warmth that we all love on those cold days in winter. (Depending upon your environment, you may still need a dehumidifier running in the basement)

Clear or cut back shrubs and bushes from the outdoor Heat Pump unit. The sides of the unit require at least 12-18 inches of clearance for proper performance.

Keep fallen leaves, grass clippings, foliage and other dirt and debris away from your outdoor Heat Pump unit. And keep the indoor coils clean, following manufacturers' instructions.

Don't block vents or ducts inside the house to assure air flow in the home.

Caulk and install weather stripping around windows and doors (especially the attic) to close air gaps.

Consider use of a programmable thermostat to automatically increase or decrease temperatures during day and night to suit a family's lifestyle and reduce energy cost.

Keep windows and doors closed to help with the homes natural heat loss.


For More Information or to Schedule Your Fall Tune-Up 
Contact us at 
262-723-2662



45 comments:

  1. Greenwood Heating can bring heat to your home. This will help you on winter time and gives heat to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter is coming in a few months. It's time now to check all your appliances specially your heating system. If there is something that need an fast assistant Los Angeles Appliance Repair is ready on action anytime. All the technicalities like, cleaning, checking, and repairing only an expert can do all the hard work for your home. | http://www.chiefappliance.com/

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting all of these tips. With winter hitting us early this year we had to turn on our furnace in Edmonton for the first time this year. I noticed a funny smell, and I can hear some weird noises coming from it, so I turned it off until I can have someone come and look at it. Do you know how I would go about finding someone who could come and take a look at my furnace?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good tips for keeping warm throughout the fall and winter. It's very important to make sure your furnace is in working order before the snow starts coming down. If you notice anything strange, call a furnace repair Ogden professional right away! Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this information. The locksmiths in Toronto have been trying to work together with the heating electricians because they seem to have similar problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing these tips. I have been trying to figure out what I can do to make my salt lake heating energy efficient and still effective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting! I know this information will be helpful to lots of people this winter. I know I didn't know much about my heating system, but I had to get a furnace repair and I had to learn really quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The basic Lethbridge heating works quite well. I haven't seen any problems with it. Thanks for sharing this information. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these helpful tips! I have been trying to find a good company that does heating in Toronto! Do you have any recommendations? Our heater broke last night so we are trying to find someone to help!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey thanks. I'll be sure to get some furnace repair before next winter hits. It was hard enough going through a month when it broke down. I'd rather not go through that again, especially since I live in Salt Lake City. It gets cold.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks... And very good sharing all tips. Excellent blog and very good heating system suggest for a good warm. Your posting is very nice useable information and good helpful to me... Thanks.

    Thank you.

    Stamford Heating Services

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been needing to find some good tips for Red Deer heating. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so does it help if markham heating fixed my heater? or is there something that i can do to keep the costs down for me? just wondering :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! I especially enjoyed the part about the heating kamloops. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Keep up the great work, I read few articles on this site and I think your blog is very interesting.

    Boca Pointe HVAC Repair FL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent advice. I'll remember all of them.

    regards,
    monique of Ipe Decking

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for writing such an interesting article related to winter tips.

    Palm Beach Gardens HVAC Repair

    ReplyDelete
  17. With cold winter days this month, its time to implement and practice these tips, thanks for sharing these valuable infos.

    ac repair and maintenance dallas

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoy reading it, very good insights, the article is very ell-said. A thumbs up!

    electrician in escondido
    escondido electrical contractors

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great details here, better yet to discover out your blog which is fantastic. Nicely done!!! electricians brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your articles make whole sense of every topic. electricians brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  21. I remember last winter when my furnace went out. It was a very hard time and my whole house was so cold. It really made things hard on me and I am just glad that I got it fixed before too long.
    Jak Manson | http://www.kendallplumbingandheating.com/yorkville-il-heating.htm

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like your blog. I look forward to seeing it once. Keep up the good job.92127 air conditioner service
    92127 hvac contractor

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the information! I'm looking for a heating service right now. I didn't realize that I needed to replace my air handler filters, so I think that's why my heating system broke down. I appreciate these tips. I'll consider using a heat pump with my gas furnace to keep my house warmer this winter.
    Bill Li | http://www.mountainmechanicalak.com/services

    ReplyDelete
  24. This will be a huge help to us as we approach Winter this year. Last year we didn't prepare like we should have and when the warmer weather rolled around again, we couldn't get the air conditioner to work like it was supposed to. Luckily, we found a good repair company that fixed it fast, but we don't want that to happen again this year. We need to take good care of our equipment.

    http://www.darylsheatingandair.com/services

    ReplyDelete
  25. I haven't thought about moving furniture around to prevent the vents and air ducts in my house from being blocked. I should start moving some of the furniture in my home that block vents to help improve air flow in my house. That way I can have a cooler home in the summer.
    http://www.cydcom.ca/a_c_repairs.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. It is really nice to see heating tips especially. It finally snowed today, and while it is lovely, it is definitely making me think about my heater and how I could get better efficiency out of it. Maybe I should call someone to come on over and take a look at it.

    http://www.capefearair.com/heating.php

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cheers! You have really allured me; I have no words to explain my feelings about your post.
    hvac

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Dear, I truly visit this website every day, not only me but also everyone will definitely get brilliant knowledge. AC & Heating Repair Woodland Hills

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for this article, I think this is something which my friend Nicky would like to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very informative post. I was looking for information about this topic and this post really helped me a lot. Thanks for sharing. Are you looking for training courses in chennai? CREATIONS ENGINEERING provide training and design courses and Building Facility Management Services to the Engineering students.

    HVAC Consultant in Chennai
    Fire Fighting Consultant in chennai
    MEP Drawings Contractor in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  31. Longmont Furnace Repair is your one stop Furnace and Air Conditioner Repair company on the Front Range. Located in Longmont, CO. Give a call today!

    Source: http://furnacerepairlongmont.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello!

    What can you tell me about this locksmiths company?
    http://locksmith-elizabeth-nj.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice details.
    We get Wonderful Information About air conditioning.
    I am so impressed with this blog.
    fort myers air conditioning company

    ReplyDelete
  34. this content is awesome as always, im a daily reader of your blogs,thanks for sharing these nice articles with us, they are helpful in all ways, keep on sharing,
    ac repair dubai

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very good post. interesting and you have shared valid information. Thank you.
    Plumbing Consultants in Chennai

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for sharing the helpful fall and winter tips. During my key fob cloning service in Toronto, I found that the services are expensive but we should invest in the security of our house.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you! I appreciate the informative posts and my friend is referring me to use thekey fob copy services of MinuteFob are you a good service provider? Please help me!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging...
    Cooking Range Repair in Islamabad

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks for sharing this valuable information. It is pretty essential to take care of the Heating system to increase its durability. Get reliable
    Furnace Replacement Oklahoma in City, OK at a reasonable price.

    ReplyDelete